Yesterday, I officially finished my last hour at LDS Family Services. A year ago, when I knew I had 500 clinical hours to complete, I thought it'd take forever. I can't believe how fast it went and that I actually did it. Graduation was in June, but I didn't feel right about announcing that until I completed my hours. This first picture is quite fitting for the occasion-- Grant was in school with me from the time he was 10 days old. My cohort and professors saw him grow up and gladly welcomed him to class. Well, Grant, you finally get your Mama all to yourself!
I could not have graduated without the love, support (and hard-earned savings) from my amazing husband. Will kind of graduated right along with me and my guess is that he heard so much about therapy that he could handle even the toughest of clients... like myself. I don't know another husband who has put his dreams on hold to help his wife chase hers. And he did it gladly, without complaints! He stayed at home with Grant for 4 months, while I doubled up on hours. I gotta give a huge shout out to Mandy, Gretchen and Tara for taking such good care of Grant as well!
So, what's next? Well, I have decided to take a 4 month break before I start my PhD program! Sike. Big Sike. Once we get settled in AZ, I may work or volunteer part time at Anasazi- I love working with teens and their parents, especially in the wilderness! When the hiring freeze is up at the Mesa LDS Family Services, I plan to take on a few clients so I can slowly work toward licensure. For right now, I'm thrilled to play with Grant every day... without worrying about papers, theories, books and case notes.
I cannot say enough about my positive experience at Antioch. They taught me how to be out of the box and still be true to my values. Jerry, one of my favorite people in the world, taught me how to believe in myself and never, never give up on another human being. He is a professor who will always remain in my thoughts and I will miss him terribly. He has inspired me to be a better wife, mother and therapist. My sincere thanks to everyone who made this possible!
6 comments:
Congrats!!!! What a HUGE accomplishment!!! You are AMAZING!!! We're proud of you!
April I can't believe you got that all done before this move. That was a Herculian effort! Congratulations! We are proud of you too! Good luck with the moving and have a safe trip!
A HUGE Congratulations to you, April! As I was quitting the program to stay at home with Sawyer - I was seriously amazed how you were able to juggle it all. Wow. And Amen to Jerry - what a gift of a man, such a sweet sweet person.
It must feel SO good to have accomplished your goal - and now not to have to worry about all that school stuff!
You will do wonders at whatever you do - Wife, Momma, and Therapist !
Hats off to you, sister (and Will, too, for all the various ways he supported you along the way!)
Good luck in AZ! We will miss you here, and now that you have time it would've been fun to hang out more! Perhaps one day!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you and glad to have been a tiniest part of your life through this. We truly love Grant. Since Will was one of the first people we met in Seattle, the Titeras have always been special to us!
Good luck in all your future endeavors! (ps- you totally had me at the PhD- I had to re-read it 3 times. probably because I know you could do it too!)
Congratulations! We're proud of you!
Congratulations April! (and Will) :) You're amazing. Seriuosly- what can't you do? What an exciting time for you guys with everything that's going on. Just be sure to stay put in AZ for the next few years so we can eventually live closer.:)
Post a Comment