
Still catching up, Folks. Our Halloween last month was complete with homemade costumes, 2 trunk or treat parties and 1 trick or treat around the block. Grant insisted on being Batman this year, even though he's never seen a movie, cartoon or comic book with Batman. I'm quite sure it was the influence of the other boys in his preschool. All Grant knew was that Batman was "bad" and he wanted to be bad. Wonderful. Will and I bought some inexpensive fabric and combined our sewing skills to create this little number. we bought the mask, borrowed a black leotard and bought some black stretch pants. The cape, belt and bat symbols were the team project. I love that my husband is just as crafty (or more so) than I am.
Owen had no choice in the matter of costumes. He simply got to wear Grant's hand-me-down sumo wrestler from 3 years ago. It was still just as funny as ever. This happy guy had no idea that I was getting ready to put him in a body suit and stuff him with 2 pounds of fluff.
He obviously wasn't bothered by it because he fell asleep as soon as we got to the trunk or treat party. Washing up the face make-up afterwards was picture-worthy as well.
Party #2 the next weekend... I got asked by another ward to come twist balloons. I unwillingly said Yes, even though I knew there would be 200 kids in line all night. At least Will could take the kids (and their cousins) around for a little more loot and a free night of entertainment.


Pumpkin carving with cousins...

By the time "real" Halloween came around, Grant was done with getting candy. He had more fun scaring people and running up to the kids to give them a piece of candy. That's right, he gave exactly ONE piece to each of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment