Sunday, August 12, 2012

Camping in Cali

Last month, we took an impromtu vacation with 6 other families in our ward.  We set up camp in San Clememte, CA and then spent the next 3 days playing on the beach, eating donuts at "Surfin' Donuts" and staying up late with friends.  I think we'll so this again next year.

 We decided to go to Newport for a day trip and meet up with Bri, Roger and Celia.  No Mike though.  He was working a thousand hours or something.  Grant was super bummed we couldn't go to Celia's house and eat lunch at the little table with "special drinks."




Will caught some waves.  I tried and failed... couldn't swim out far enough.  Does this concern me, especially with a triathlon coming up in 3 weeks?  Yes, it does.  Could I possibly drown in the Pacific?  I hope the Kayakers see me first.





Guess I forgot to get pictures of our bike rides, runs, camping spot and Grant's girlfriend.  But those were all part of the experience.  By the time we traveled home, we had very tired and sunburned boys.  They loved every minute.


No comments: