Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Making of a Sumo Wrestler

First I have to put my super silly tights on. Don't laugh, my Mom made me do it. Besides I will look tough when she's through.



Then I need to get a little extra stuffing. Some people say I am already a chunker, but a little extra junk in the trunk is always good. Especially if you need to stare down a big opponent.

As part of me pre-fight rituals I like to stare down big mean insects (especially ones my size). I also like to take a quick cat nap to get my strength.

After that I am ready for my first bout.


Then I caught a glimpse of my first opponent...

... and I decided to high tail it and run!!

Whew!! It is exhausting being me.


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

(For the record, my parent tried to dress up like Newsies. My Mom is sporting the shiner I gave her. I guess that may be another of my pre-fight rituals).

6 comments:

Dorothy Titera said...

April and Will, Grant will have lots of fun stories/memories to recall his delightful childhood. Thanks for sharing this one. You did a great job! The Newsies look good too. Love you.

Shawn and Tasha said...

HAHAHA!!!!:) WE LOVE IT!!! I can't believe you actually did this costume. Grant is adorable and THE perfect little sumo. Okay, Clayton and I can't stop laughing right now. Thanks for adding a few more years to our life.:)

Loni said...

Cute costume idea.

Jacob said...

That is too funny...and cute! What a great idea!

Tawsha said...

How cute!! I saw the video of Grant laughing - so adorable. Isn't it funny how you act like a little kid yourself when you have your own. =) I added you guys to our blog and you can see ours at: howezone.blogspot.com
We will have to get together!

Julie said...

I found your blog through Tawsha's. Your family is adorbale. I about fell out of my chair when I saw the amazing Halloween costumes, especially the Sumo! Great Job. Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog. It's so good to see what you are up to. I still will never forget the whole arm pit waxing incident in the Deseret Apartments! What a great memory.