Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just waiting....

Do you ever feel like you just might burst?  Maybe burst with joy or laughter?  Maybe burst after a great Thanksgiving meal?  Perhaps you have felt like you wanted to burst someone's bubble or burst because you have such a great secret to share....


At 33 weeks (pictured above), I did not have that feeling.



At 39 weeks (pictured here with a few different zoom angles), I kinda started getting that feeling.  Now that I am 40 weeks, I AM GOING TO BURST.  I NEED TO GET THIS BABY OUT BEFORE I LITERALLY BURST THROUGH MY OWN SKIN.  Any tips are greatly appreciated.  So far, I have had massages, reflexology, evening primrose, vitam B-12, spicy food, lots of walking, hypnotherapy, relaxation, gym time, some old fashion things I won't mention and a visit to the mid-wife to get things stirred up.  So, any tips besides those things are welcomed.  Oh, and I didn't post the 40 week picture because it was too big to fit on the screen.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

It might be a little late, but I drank red raspberry tea at the end of my pregnancy. My friend recommended it and said that it helps your body go into labor "when it is ready." Well, I went 2 1/2 weeks early!! Go get some and maybe it will help kick things into action. Also, have you looked into essential oils? There must be one that will help.

capturingtheride said...

Hang in there, April! I remember when we went to mom's group on my due date (day before yours)...waiting and hoping to be bringing babies instead of just big bellies! I did go into labor that night...we had those pedicures in those massage chairs earlier that day - but really, those babies just come in their own sweet time. Grant made you wait, too! I say, just make the most and go swimming or do something fun in the meantime - easier said than done, I know. He will be here before you know it! I'm so excited for you - and by the way, you look fantastic!

awtitera said...

Thanks, ladies... Mandy, I'm taking Red Rasperry pills now b/c it's too hot for tea. I'm starting to double the dose, thinking it will help!! And Tysha, I just want a baby smaller than Grant--- that's all I want! Maybe this one is and I'm freaking out for no reason.

Rebekah said...

April you look so great! You really are a beautiful pregnant woman. Good luck--we hope baby brother comes soon!

Liz said...

April- I'm rooting for you. I really hope Grant number 2 comes out SOOOOON! Grant's birthday looked like tons of fun though. Hang in there.Liz