I wish I had a camera to take a short video of our conversation at lunch today. We had just gotten home from church and Grant was explaining to us how his Sunbeam teacher prays...
Grant: Sister Scott prays like this: (he bows his head low and closes his eyes tight...)
Will: Really? And how does Mom pray?
Grant: (he jerks his head up high and pops his eyes wide open!)
We both laughed really hard because it's so true. I confess that as a kid, I learned to never close my eyes during a prayer. If I did, I would get my food stolen, my ribs jabbed or my arm pinched. So, to this day, I still can't close my eyes during a prayer. I have trust issues!
Later today, we came in from a walk and I couldn't find Grant.
Me: Grant, where are you?
G: (muffled voice) I'm in here. Praying in my closet.
Me: Really? Who taught you how to be so righteous (hoping he'd say the right name :)
G: Um, nobody. I just made it up.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
The honesty of a child
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment