Sunday, July 15, 2012

Owen's First Birthday!!

  Was my "little" Owen really tucked in my belly 1 year ago? 


I remember thinking he would never come and I would always have a watermelon up front... then he came and we loved him to bits!  He has been the most laid-back, easy-going, happy baby I know.  He is full of smiles, giggles, "cheeses," and funny faces.   


And great hair, I must add.


Owen turned 1 on June 29th, while we were at the Magleby family reunion.  We started the morning with fishing... and a nap.  Then we played with cousins and Aunts and Uncles.


Will and I borrowed a few pans and supplies from Grandma Magleby and came up with this fun train set.


 Obviously, he loved it!!


He ate a few chocolate whoppers and a cookie wheel... Grant ate the rest.

 
 Gifts were simple: a few balls, which he LOVES, a pale and shovel and some cute toys from Grandma Dorothy and several hugs from family. 



Owen's stats are about where Grant's were at this age.  He's 24.5 pounds, 31 inches tall and has a huge head.  He is not walking or crawling or even rolling over!  It's like he doesn't want to.  He scoots instead and though we have been accustomed to his mode of transportation for the past few months, it makes quite the scene in public.  We love it and think it adds to his personality of making others smile.



No comments: