We have been to Utah 3 times in one year. That's alot of driving with 2 kids, but this trip was packed full of great memories, family and advendture. The main reason we went was to see my parents getting set apart for their mission (found in the next post...). But before and after that happened provided a few picture-worthy moments.
First stop: Moab
We dragged Amber and Dallin's family with us to the 110 degree heat of the arches. I guess I didn't realize that Utah is still a desert. The arches were sooo cool. We even met Katie and her kids there for a quick tin foil dinner.
After my parents left for the Philippines, Will and I left for Zion National Park! Linda was able to watch our boys for us, allowing us to pack in several more miles and dangerous climbs. We did Angel's Landing, Emerald Pools, Observation Point, the Narrows and Weeping Rock. Maybe 22 miles in a day and a half.
When we got back to Provo, our kids were happy Aunt Linda was tired, I'm sure. I did think it was funny that Grant ran out in his PJ's (it was late afternoon:) What a cool aunt.
Grant told us that the highlight of his vacation was "driving a boat" and he said, "Brody tried to drive it, too, but I was faster..." It was in this same lake I did my first open-water swim a few days before we left for Zion. That water is thick. And gross.
We ended our trip with the Magelby family reunion. We went to Heber and stayed in cabins for some pretty comfortable camping. Grant loved the marshmellow guns. Thanks, Liz!
\
Oh, and on the way home, we had to stop in Zion's again with the boys. We knew Grant would love the Narrows and hiking through ice cold water.
Who knows? Maybe we'll be back in Utah one more time this year.
We wouldn't mind going to Zion again...
We wouldn't mind going to Zion again...





2 comments:
Thanks for stopping to see us. Ha Ha! Just kidding. Love you guys!
So much fun to see you guys. If you're ever in the mood for some Lake Powell fun stop on by.
Your adventures (without the kids) looked like a blast.
Post a Comment