Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RAGNAR RELAY

R-A-G-N-A-R.... goooo Ragnar! This last weekend I ran in the Ragnar Del Sol Relay from Prescott to Tempe with 11 other crazy ladies. 204 miles of endless fun, no sleep and lots of running.


There were 6 people per van and we each took turns running, then tagging the next runner, until we reached the 2nd van and ours "rested" (which means we drove, ate and stunk up the car). After a few hours, we started again and repeated the whole process until we had all completed our 3 legs of the race.
(me, Tiffany, Stacey, Sonia and Alice)

Here's everybody. I'm in the middle.


We ran in the middle of nowhere... total desert. We just kept running...

and running....


and running



My final total was 22 miles. Nothing compared to a marathon, but I was almost as beat due to all the stop and go and sitting in the van, NOT sleeping.
Me + no sleep + lots of girls + no kids + pink visors = a good time



Will came up Friday night as our support staff and biked with us during the night. Most of our legs were canceled because of an accident on the course, but a fellow runner let me run her leg. I was able to run with Will pacing me and pushing me to pass any runner in my path. I can't pass up competition. Thus the reason my legs were torn up before I even started my 3rd leg.


We finished and I couldn't even tell you how long it took... it was a long time. Look at us with our medals. Champions!! Who's in for next year??

2 comments:

Tara H said...

that looks AWESOME! Way to go- I can't imagine all that running and not sleeping, although I hear they are fun. What did the race benefit?

Liz said...

April, don't take this the wrong way, but that run sounds nuts. Looks like you had a great time though, so I guess I can't blame you. Glad my cuz is a good little husband going out and supporting you :)