The wait was finally over... at 41 weeks, I had tried EVERYTHING to get our baby here, but ultimately, he came when he wanted. We took this picture of me before we went to the hospital and 6 hours later, he was in my arms! Born June 29th at 11:57pm...
After deliberating on a name, and wondering if he would make it in life as "Gus," we decided to officially name him Owen Alder Titera (and affectionately call him Gus). Here's where the names come from:
Owen: I saw this Irish name as I was doing my family history last year- we liked the connection it would be to my family, as well as the meaning "born to nobility; a warrior"Alder: This is Will's Grandma's maiden name. Her father experienced many loses in his life, including the loss of his mother and wife. He became a single father to 5 children and raised them to be wonderful, caring people. Grandma Colleen Alder Magelby has been quite influencial in Will's life with her Christlike example of charity, forgiveness and patience.
Gus: This was the name of Will's father's stepfather. Will only knew him as Grandpa Gus, who married Grandma Ev after he became a widower. He was a patriarch who lived by the spirit. Everyone in Seattle seemed to know Gus Carlston.
Here's my midwife, Belinda. We were sooo glad she was on call that night! She is a strong British women who is old-school and believes every woman is made to birth 9+ pound babies. She had total confidence in me and coached me through the part I dreaded most... pushing him out. Will was actually my amazing birth coach throughout the entire process. Together, we followed the hypno-birthing techniques that allowed me to relax and let my body do what it needed to. I "breathed the baby down" and only "pushed" a few times. He came out alert, unbruised and untraumatized. He shocked us all when they put him on the scale:
10 pounds and 8 ounces of chubs and loves
This was Grant's moment of discovery! After looking all over the hospital room for "baby bruder," he found him! He insisted on holding him from that moment on...
Here's a fun comparison... Will and Owen on the left------ Will and Grant 3 years earlier on the right
Ready to leave the hospital!
A few days later we gave Owen his first bath. He didn't really like it.
We can't get over how much these 2 look alike! Owen's on the left, Grant's on the right.
Owen (left) and Grant (right)
My favorite part about the whole process of bringing another little one into the world is seeing my amazing husband with both of our children. He is a natural! He is loving, patient, capable and sooo attractive!
7 comments:
Congratulations to you all!!
Wow! I cannot believe you had a 10 and a half pound baby. He is adorable. I love all that baby chub. congrats to the titeras!
Congrats! WOW! Little (or not-tooo-little) Gus could be Grant's twin! They look sooo much alike! And you all look so happy, such a wonderful and blessed time :) You are amazing, lady, such a tiny thing yourself and you always make these chunkaliciously big and healthy babes. Way to go! enjoy each moment and soak it up while you can...the second baby seems to grow up twice as fast as the first!
Congratulations! What an adorable kid! We can't wait to meet him--hopefully soon. Eric loved the comparisons and thinks they look just like twins.I seriously can't believe you had a 10 1/2 lb baby. April, you are super woman!
You are really going to have to label pictures. Luckily with digital cameras I guess you can always check the date it was taken! Such cute boys and such amazing parents.
April- you are amazing! SUPERWOMAN! Oh I can't wait to hold baby Owen and tickle that cute Granters. Precious pictures- thanks for sharing.
Congratulations! You are superwoman, April! I'm a major fan of hypnosis-birthing, but I would not be a fan of birthing a 10 pound baby. I don't know how you do it with such grace. You are amazing!!!!
Post a Comment